Saturday, November 23, 2013

TORONTO EDM Talent to keep an ;) out for~

For this post I want to specialize a little bit, I want to list a couple DJs and Producers I have personally met or kept an eye out for. These guys are all young but work tirelessly promoting themselves and their ambitions.

1. Zach James

I met this guy two years ago and we instantly shared our love of EDM. This kid is young but he's got creativity and the willingness to succeed. Zach James is a producer and dj that specializes in Electro House, Trap, Dirty Dutch, Progressive House, Tech House & Dubstep mixes and is always in the process of making new beats in his home studio. I've had the pleasure of spinning with Zach myself so I know that he embodies a solid air of professionalism. Always working hard to create his dreams I'm sure you'll hear Zach James in the near future.

Reminds me of: Zedd, Porter Robinson, Laidback Luke, Mord Fustang

Check his stuff out at:

https://soundcloud.com/zachjamesto
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zach-James/182173591814516

2. Krahlah (Kyle Lewis)

I've never seen Krahlah play but I know that he djs for DUB HUB Toronto as well as Nocturne. Mr Krahlah plays dirty dubstep, drum and bass, and electro. Krahlah pleases the crowd with his whopping hits and his steezy drops and knows how to make a mean mix. Check this upandcomer out at a show or check his commanding internet presence.

Check it out at:

https://soundcloud.com/next-level-skilldem

Reminds me of: Excision, Modestep, Camo and Krooked, Killabits, 16bit, SubFocus

genres: dubstep, drum and bass, glitch

3. HugsnotDrugs

When I first met HugsnotDrugs I found myself under the Broadview Bridge at a FreeRave these guys threw. As a young teenager I was baffled to be surrounded by all the ravers, candy, lights, fire, and of course, the EDM. HugsnotDrugs was founded primarily by Christian Poulsen and Andrew DeAmatto. Hugsnotdrugs has come up with some pretty awesome remixes, like Alice in Wonderland, Black Friday and Crystal Castle reworks. Hugsnotdrugs has a huge presence within the Toronto Underground Music scene, constantly throwing events and truly showing what it means to put in some elbow grease and what it means to have your efforts pay off. These guys are all about ethical partying! Looking forward to what they have in store for the world in the future, big up!

Reminds me of: Crystal Castles, xxyyxx, Unabomber, Jelo

Check 'em out at:

http://www.youtube.com/hgsntdrgs
http://www.soundcloud.com/hugsnotdrugs

genres: Electro, Nu-Disko, Rave, HHC, drum and bass

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1016720_10201354685885153_1912735141_n.jpg4. Nintendon't (Nathan Donnelly)

Known formerly as DJ Smunchy, Nintendon't is a good friend of mine that loves to just have a good time. For the past few years Nintendon't has always been mixing, producing, performing, and teaching those around him. In fact, he was the one who helped me get my CDJs and mixer. Nintendon't always as a mischievous grin on his face, no doubt plotting and scheming how he's gonna make you dance. Looking forward to his future endeavors as a dj, producer, manager, sound technician and super sloth, make sure you keep track of this party animal.

Reminds me of: Justice, Uppermost, Mr Flash, Kaskade, Capsule, Breakbot

Check this mawfucka at:

https://soundcloud.com/nintendont

genres:Nu-Disko, Electro House, Parisian Techno, progressive house, breakbeat and dag-nasty FUNK



No comments:

Post a Comment